Sunday, August 29, 2010

seattle has beautiful trees

got lost in the trails at pioneer park :)
i flew in to seattle yesterday.  all that i packed were like 3 t shirts, as many 'like water' CDs as i could fit into my backpack, my computer, and my guitar.  i had to pay extra to check my guitar at the airport, but my friend nelson (who not only offered to host me here in seattle, but also hooked me up with a sweet gig!) told me the baller way to avoid paying extra for a guitar:  just carry it on.  it's that easy, apparently (and ask one of the flight staff to find a place for it!)  apparently it works everytime... i'll update y'all on this after the return flight!  :p

at nelson's place, gettin' my sleep on
anyway, i played a show here last night at a place called taco guaymas in lynnwood, wa.  it was a great room with a super attentive crowd that was definitely into the live local music scene.  the tremendous rick ruskin opened the show with an absolutely virtuosic showing of solo guitar instrumentals mixed in with the occasional folk/blues song.  the guy can play some guitar...  really incredible.  my friend, nelson wright, played the middle set, mixing his own awesome original tunes with some well chosen classics by the likes of players such as mississippi john hurt.  great set.  i had the pleasure of closing the show, and the audience was amazing!  not only did they stick around for my hour long set, they were super open to my style of music (a little different than rick and nelson's respective styles!) and really friendly after the show! definitely made some new friends in seattle!

p.s. the burritos at taco guaymas are out of this world...

today i've got another show in seattle, at a place called C&P coffee co.  its a fairly small room, so i've decided to play the show without any amplification (plus i didn't feel like finding a way to bring an amp, micstand, etc on the plane... :p).  but it'll be a good exercise in projecting my sound, and can definitely be a cool experience for the audience as well :)  after the show this afternoon, i'm heading up to vancouver to hang out for a couple of days before my show at the yale tuesday night!  wish me luck!

peace, y'all

levi

No comments:

Post a Comment